Thursday, November 13, 2008

Individual Strengths

I feel like my individual strengths as a designer center around the fact that I'm always developing concepts that are very different than many other peoples' ideas (for example the people in my studio). I feel like being a designer gives me freedom to produce whatever crazy ideas are floating through my head; it's almost irresponsible in my opinion to just design to conform or to not step outside of the box sometimes. Another strength I would say is designing for people that are less fortunate; giving people who can't afford certain luxories a chance to interact with innovative and modern products.

I focus on these strengths by finding ways to improve existing products that people aren't thinking of. When I'm ideating, I try to mentally put myself in someone's shoes who have certain obstacles in their everyday life.

No comments: