Sunday, December 7, 2008

Blog Evaluation

Throughout the quarter as I have been writing blogs, I have thought a lot about how effective this sort of communication is.

As a designer, I am always looking for sources of inspiration and ways to expand my overall knowledge. I feel like reading other people's blogs helps alot with really getting a grasp on a person's ideas and philosophies because when I write in my blogs I am truly expressing my feelings (kind of like a journal but open to the public) therefore I am giving other people an opportunity to know what I think about a certain aspect of design without any sugar coating; everything is real and honost (unlike a critique where sometimes I have to bend over backwards to sell my designs).

Sometimes when Im looking at blogs online I scroll down to ones that show the designer's work. I love looking at really nice concepts and renders because it motivates me to do better and increase my standards for myself.

No comments: