Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fall '08 Evaluation

I am actually proud of myself and my achievements this quarter (which is rare because I am usually disappointed with the outcome of many projects in previous quarters).

This quarter I have been designing without really thinking of them as "school projects". Instead I have been in a mindset of thinking about if my products could actually be in production. As a result, I have been thinking a lot more practically while still being unique (I always strive to be different from everyone in studio).

On the other hand, I still recognize many things that I need to improve on. For example, I would like to work on starting on projects the moment they are assigned for next quarter. This way, I wont have to be in a situation where I am sick and end up really behind when I am well or feel obligated to settle on a concept or idea that I am on the edge about but have to follow through for the sake of time. Also, I definitely plan on being more pro-active about helping out everyone else in studio during critiques because sometimes the best people to give you advice on how to improve are my own peers. At the same time, I will take in more information that I get during critiques and not take for granted the fact that I have other people who are one the same level as me and willing to help me improve just as they do.

No comments: