Sunday, December 7, 2008

Des Comm Evaluation

There have been both positive and negative aspects of the des comm quarter this fall quarter.

Some successes would include the fact that Mike Roller was our teacher and that he was really willing to help us learn and grow as design students. I feel like he can really relate to us and has given us great tips on how to be a better presenter and really sell our designs. He has prepared us very well for the future and has really got us thinking about what we want to do when we graduate.

Another success I feel was when Mike approached us before the start of the quarter and asked us what we wanted to learn. This alone showed me personally that he actually cares about our development and wants us to have fun while being given projects, because sometimes I find that I'm not at all interested in some projects that Im forced to put my time in and I think that affects the outcome.

Some possible ways to improve the course could be to have a little more time to finish certain projects (even if that means not having as many projects) because I'd rather spend more time in my design to have a well developed design in the end. Another improvement may be to do more digital presentations so that we arent wasting paper and time pinning up numerous papers.

No comments: