Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2nd Inspirational Designer

Another designer that inspires me is Naoto Fukasawa.  He is a world renowned designer and i admire him and have a lot of respect for him because of all of the awards he has won and all of the hard work he put into his designs which have also influenced other designers.  One of the main reasons why I admire him is because he is very dynamic and has designed products from umbrellas to electronics.  This is important for me because when I graduate there are so many areas that I want to go into and he has proven that it can be done.

Naoto is similiar to Bvlgari because they both appeal to the high end market with their intricate and sophisticated forms and materials.

They are different because Bvlgari is more of a fashion/ accessory designer and Naoto is an industrial designer.  

1 comment:

Michael said...

Fukasawa is one of my favorite designers too. Surprisingly, his work for Muji is high end in the US but very commonplace in Japan (I saw it in convenient stores). I really like his Infobar phones for KDDI. What is your favorite piece of Fukasawa design?