Wednesday, October 1, 2008

INTRODUCING: MEEEE :)

My name is Stefan Martin and I am a 4th year industrial design student. So far my design experiences have consisted of school projects such as toys, concept art, power tools, computers, etc. In terms of co-op, my first professional practice was with the Live Well Collaborative working on a Pur water filtration project. This was a good experience to mainly learn about marketing, business, and overall research within the design process. My second co-op was at New Balance which I enjoyed a lot because of my passion for shoe design. I just returned from GE Appliances this passed summer and I feel like I have progressed a lot in terms of my sketching ability, Solidworks skills, communication skills, etc. during my time there.

I would say that my interests relating to design are endless. Part of the reason why I am in this field is because there are so many opportunities. I'm interested in shoes, furniture, consumer electronics, and appliances but I'm also interested in graphic design and fashion design as well. I think my passion in design will give me a great platform for when I am searching for a career.

As far as this quarter goes, my goals are pretty much centered around producing better final products than I have in the past. I feel that my process is good but I will need to deliver much better. Also, I plan on progressing in my sketching and communication skills while having well thought out projects to put in my portfolio.

1 comment:

Maja . Antonio said...

hey man! im from macedonia and im 12 years old. I like we make a friends !! wrtite me comments man!!! >>>>>>> i dont belive you are fucking shit !!!>> all this i write for 15 seconds . Im2faster4youOnWrite
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!